What are ‘cookies’?
Cookies are small encrypted text files that are placed on your computer or other device by visiting the website.
What do ‘cookies’ do?
‘Cookies’ record information about your preferences allowing us to customize the site to your interests. The information supplied by ‘cookies’ allow us to analyse how you navigate through our site and help us to provide you with a better user experience.
How do we use ‘cookies’?
‘Cookies’ are used on our website to store information that is passed from page to page and collected for statistical purposes. Statistical data can be used to improve the operation of our website and services offered by it. However, it is not used to identify users.
Types of ‘cookies’ we use.
Drupal session ‘cookies’, are standard for Drupal 6 sites. They store anonymous information about the current session in Drupal in order to improve the overall user experience. This files expire after one day.
Here is a list of ‘cookies’ that are stored by Olark (live-Chat) module:
– The hblid – ID that stores the user between visits to the website
– The wcsid – ID that stores a single chat session
– The olfsk – ID of the storage used to hold the status of the chat on the page (such as news history)
– The _okbk – additional information on the state of the chat (eg. open / closed chat window)
– The _ok – most recent Olark site ID (security measure)
– The _oklv – version for Olark charger (for better concealment)
Google Analytics: _utma; _utmb; _utmc; _utmz: These cookies are used to collect anonymous information about how visitors use the website. The files contain information on the number of visitors, their origin and sites visited. We use this information to compile reports and to improve our site. Click here to view the privacypolicy of Google. If you do not want Analytics to collect information about you, you can withdraw by clicking the links below: Google Analytics: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
How do I disable ‘cookies’?
If you want to disable ‘cookies’ you need to change your browser settings. The method will vary depending on the type of browser. Below is some information on this topic for the most popular browsers:
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
1. Select the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
2. Click on the “privacy” tab
3. Select the appropriate setting
For Mozilla firefox:
1. Select the menu “tools” then “Options”
2. Click on the “privacy” icon
3. Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and newer:
1. Select menu ‘Files”> “Preferences”
What will happen if I disable ‘cookies’?
This depends on which ‘cookies’ will be disabled, but generally the site may not function properly. If you disable the so-called ‘3rd party cookies’ you will not prevent yourself from making purchases on this site. If you disable all ‘cookies’ you will be unable to complete a purchase on this site.
For further information about managing cookies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.